It's a girl!

     

     November 20th was the big awaited day.  Damon and I had no preconceived ideas about the gender. I didn't even try to figure it out this time around.  Not my specialty.  Anyways, Dame was hoping for a boy, because it would be new and exciting.  I was hoping for a girl, because sisters are great and it's familiar. Also all those clothes we get to reuse! Not that I need any encouragement, but now I can buy Indie even more adorable outfits and know in good conscious it will get double the use! Shh, don't tell Damon. 

      We went in for the anatomy scan and got to see our little alien baby. Indie thought we were going to go bring the baby home and that caused a bit of sadness.  She now repeats frequently that the baby is still growing and not coming home yet and that its 'very very very very hard wait a baby'.  She was very unimpressed with the ultrasound.  I don't think it was quite the experience she was expecting when we told her we'd see the baby on the tv screen.  
   
      The tech was a doll and gushed over how cute Indie was and how well behaved.  She gave Indie a bow and a sucker. Damon got a sucker too, he was also well behaved haha.  The tech gushed over the baby and how cute it was. Which, meh ultrasound baby's aren't my favorite. Pregnancy in general isn't my favorite. No gushing from me on that front.  

    This baby looked so different than Indie's ultrasound.  Baby was all sorts of curled up, so tight and cuddly, that it took forever to get a good look at anything.  We had to wait and try multiple times to get a good shot of the privates and even that was a rough go to get a good picture. But it's a girl!  I saw it before the tech said anything.  I think Damon and I were a little sad at first, which is silly because I wanted a girl.  I think I just get a little sad regardless at first, because it's more final you no longer have the fantasy of both genders and picturing your family either way.  It's silly, but I digress to pregnancy hormones.  We're both excited now! 

     This little girl was loving sticking its tongue out and opening it's mouth.  She sure is active a LOT sooner than Indie was. I have a posterior placenta this time around so I'm already feeling attacked from the inside on a daily basis. I felt this baby for the first time at 15 weeks, Damon felt her a week later at 16 weeks and Indie felt her at 19 weeks. 

   The pregnancy is just chugging right along, I've been craving meat and apples like it's going out of style.  Which is extremely ironic because with Indie's pregnancy I hated meat and always wanted oranges.  So, Indie and her little sister are basically apples and oranges already, and literally! 

      ps, baby's measuring a bit over a week behind, so either we are due for a growth spurt, or just have a tiny baby. My money's on her Due date being quite a bit later than April 3rd though! 

Comments

Popular Posts