A day in the life

For the past few months I've been jotting down moments that stood out to me.  Moments that made me feel grateful for my life, and the beauty within it.  It was interesting to see how this goal made joyful moments stand out more pointedly in my mind, (even small moments like hearing my children's laughter).  

As I made a mental note to remember to write down the good I felt a shift and became more appreciative for things that had gone unnoticed or things that became overshadowed by the mundane routine of the day.  I loved the change this brought.  However, as with most things, after a while, the gratitude journal became more of a to do than something I was excited for.  I began mindlessly ticking off things, instead of being invested in the process of gratitude.  It was a task now, and not a journey.

After listening to (thispodcast I felt inspired to revamp my gratitude journal by documenting moments with my camera.  Focusing not so much on setting up a great shot, but on feeling the moment and being present.  It definitely made me feel inadequate and highlighted my insecurities with photography.  But pushing past that to create, regardless what the end result looked like, was a great experience


Day one


Day two


 




Day three

 











Day four



Day five


 
 






Day six




 

Day seven

 

 

 




 
 






 








Day 9






Comments

Popular Posts