Little times

      Indie is growing up so fast. There are so many small things that take up our days.  They are so redundant and commonplace right now.  But I know I am going to forget these little times as the years go on and as we have more kids.  I don't want to forget.  I want to remember every little detail of this little Indie girl. (well, maybe blow outs and witching hour I wouldn't be too devastated to forget...)  
       She has changed so much the past 3 months.  Her little thighs are finally getting some chunk to them.  She sits easily on my hip, like a big girl, head up and looking around at all the things. We have a little less hair than we started out with, and I swear her blue eyes are just getting bigger and bigger each day. Not to mention that she isn't all curled up anymore.


She wants to be stretched out! None of that infant womb stuff for this big girl. 
           She definitely has her own personality!   She loves fake sneezes. Just thinks they are the funniest things.  She also used to be scared of the 'raspberry' sound.  But we've found if you make that sound then end it on a higher pitch and with a smile, that she loves them! One of our favorite time of day is bath time. She goes insane.  It doesn't matter how grumpy or irritated she is before hand.  As soon as she gets into that bath water its all smiles and kicks.  The kitchen has been soaked on more then one occasion.  She loves it!   
             She is also a picky eater. Which I would have thought impossible. There is literally only one menu choice. But some days, more often than not, she will refuse to latch on and eat unless I stand up and bounce her and walk around. Once she's latched on and eating I can usually then sit down. It took two days of screaming at each feeding to figure out that this is what she wanted. Silly little one!  She likes to lazily kick her feet back and forth while she eats too. Last eating thing. She loves her fists. Pretty common for her age. But I can not keep them away from her!  At nap time she likes to be swaddled, and as she is falling asleep she will suck on her fist through her blanket.   Slobber everywhere! 
          It took a long time to figure out how to help Indie nap out of my arms, or for longer than 30 mins. We found out the trick for her was, to be swaddled, in her swing, with the white noise machine on, and the series The Office playing. I guess I watched The Office too much while I was pregnant. It was constantly on as I worked on sewing projects or for background noise as I dinked around on the computer.  This method, gets us 2-3 hour naps! Woohooo! But she has to fall asleep by herself!  If we put her to sleep, forget it. she'll wake back up within 30 mins. She has also moved to the big crib which was more traumatic for me than for her.  Shes a baby, so obviously she needs us. That being said though, she is pretty independent. She likes to fall asleep by herself, she likes playtime best if we aren't holding her but sitting nearby entertaining her.  I'm already losing baby cuddles :(
       She loves her Daddy. She can be grumpy as all get out with me, but when Damon gets home from work she has some very special smiles stored away for him when she first sees him.  He's a great playtime buddy! 

Comments

Popular Posts