Goodbye Pocatello

When Damon and I decided to move to Pocatello we did so knowing it was more of a stepping stone. Damon has always wanted to make it back to the Boise area to be close to family and the Hadfield cabin. While leaving Utah was/is hard for me, Pocatello hasn't been as horrible as I feared.  We made lots of friends and enjoyed being a little bit closer to the Hadfield clan, while still close to my family.

A week ago Damon accepted a job offer to work for the Kennewick, Washington office at MDU. He will be working remotely from the Boise, Idaho office. Which means, Damon's making it back to Boise folks!  (And the rest of us will come too, but it'll be our first time haha) It also means we will have to endure a bit of travel with this new job, as he will need to check in with the Washington office monthly.  Boo.

We are excited and nervous (mostly me on the nervous. I'm not a quick adapter to change.) We are still unsure when our official move in dates will be.  Damon's going to stay and train his replacement here in Pocatello for a week or so.  Our best guess is that come early May we will be able to move.

I've had a lot of anxiety and sadness surrounding this whole process or applying for, waiting, and accepting this new job. Like I said, I don't handle change well, nor waiting.  As always, I'm having a hard time realizing how much further I'll be from Lauren.  But!  We are excited to be much much closer to the Hadfields.   Here's to another big change!

Comments

  1. Wow! We are moving too, but 1/2 mile from where we are now. Still a pain. A good family in our ward is also moving to Boise for a job. Maybe you'll meet them, who knows! Good luck with your next adventure!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts