Cabin Ho


 I went on my first motorcycle ride with Damon.  It holds a special place in my heart and remains one of the my very favorite things to do up at the cabin. We are so lucky my in law's who are so generous with their bikes, and willing to watch the kids while we go on a ride.   There's nothing better than holding onto Damon, cruising through the beautiful mountains.  Indie and Stella are starting to realize the beauty and fun to bike riding.  I love that they get to grow up doing this with their Dad. 











Finner went on his first ride with Damon & I as well.  He was snugged in between us, and loved hitting his little chubby fist against Damon's neck.  



 While on a ride Damon & I happened upon some natural hot springs that had been built into pools.  We got up bright and early with the kids, to take them for a dip. 
  
 
 



Team work to get down to the pools.  Indie went down mostly by herself, and did a really good job.
 

 
      







We tried out all 3 pools, but once the sun started coming out, it was just too hot to stay.  Taking our little crew swimming is a lot of prep, but it was still worth it!

 

Bear cub




While we were out feeding chipmunks I told the girls about this picture of Indie, back before she was a year old. Sitting on the same rock they were sitting on, waiting to feed a chipmunk.  They both wanted their pictures taken there again. 



 

Sweet Finn.  He naps and snugs on the go for a lot of our adventures. Sorry third baby!

 




Here is Finn, his first time on the boat.  I dramatically teared up when I first saw this picture of Damon & Finn.  It's not an extraordinarily beautiful or significant photo. Just a simple moment.  Damon and Finn.  Damon's sitting where he's sat a hundred times before.  On the same lake he's visited millions of times before.  But the beauty of this simple scene hit me. Father & son.  Doing what generations have done before.  Damon tenderly fixing Finn's hat, to be like his.  It felt very symbolic to me.  So much love, fixing Finns hat.  Teaching him: here's how we wear a hat, here's how we go to the lake,  here's how we feel in nature, here's how to take care of another person, here's how to be a great human being, and ultimately here's how to be a man.  I'd be honored if Finn turned out anything like Damon.  Hopefully all it takes is a hat fix and a trip to the lake.  That's how great men are made, right?

 

 







We hiked to initial tree, and lost the trail for a bit.  I stayed behind with the kids, while Damon went to find the trail.  I was a teeny bit nervous we'd die a horrible death via bear attack, but (spoiler) we all survived.


 
 


 


Two chipmunks, just living the life.





We love the cabin, because we love family, and we love the way we feel as a family, in nature!  Great trip!



Comments

Popular Posts