Baby Blanket

I made my first baby blanket. Now i'm obsessed! I want to make all the blankets with all the fabrics! 

I actually picked out this fabric about 3 years ago. I was going to make a blanket for my aunt who was expecting at the time. Then I found out they didn't want any bright colors for their baby. Well, I happen to love bright colors, and I had already bought the fabric. So, there went that idea. I kept the fabric just in case one day I fell in love with an amazing, handsome (and bald) man, and we got pregnant and had a little girl. Good thing I saved it! 

I didn't have anything to follow, except for what I could find on Pinterest to help me figure out how to make this little guy. So I cut out some cardboard to make the squares, then traced the cardboard onto the fabric and figured out how I wanted it to be arranged.
Sewed it one row at a time (was watching Big Bang Theory while I sewed just in case you were wondering about the controller)



Then I pieced together the rows, put some batting in the middle and pinned it down. Turns out I am lacking in the pin department. I felt guilty some squares got pins and some didn't. It turned out alright in the end. Who am I kidding, I'M IN LOVE with it!! Now we just need the crib set up. Easily will be my favorite room ever!



Although next blanket will look a little more like this. Because Baby's room is going to be yellow & grey with elephants polka dots and Chevron print. 


Comments

Popular Posts