Preschool Graduation for Indie Girl!


Indie had two years of preschool, but because of all the moving we did she never got to attend a full year.  Looking back I can't believe how itty bitty she was when we first put her in. She had just turned Three a few weeks before. She absolutely loved it.  I remember feeling so out of the loop when I picked her up from her first day.  I'd never 'not known' what every second of her day looked like.  Indie does not like to recount experiences either. So, after school I felt a little lost.  


But fast forward and here we are. Indie's graduated preschool!  Which is really just a fancy way to say we finished the year and attended a cute little ceremony.  Now on to Kindergarten.  I'm so super sad about this!


Indie is such a clever kid. She can count to 112 without prompting. She can do simple subtraction and addition. She knows all her shapes and colors (she's obsessed with the color indigo & the crescent shape).  Indie knows all her alphabet and most of their sounds. 


We are teaching her to read right now.  By herself, Indie can read & comprehend simple sentences like 'the cat is in a sock and the ram is in the mud.'  We're interested in Rams, Cats, Rat's and any other 3 lettered animal that get into really simple yet silly situations.  It really is super fun to see Indie grow and build on everything she's learning.  


Reading is such a big milestone!  I wasn't planning on teaching her, because it felt so overwhelming to me.  Indie's preschool teacher told me Indie was so super ready to learn though.  Her teacher pointed me towards a great book to help teach Indie & we've both loved it!   


Indie can write her own name and most of the alphabet.  She needs a lot more work in that area though.  Indie has a love of learning, and new things seems to come really easy to her.  We've found that when it doesn't come easily she gets frustrated really quickly and doesn't like to be corrected.  She also is disenchanted with repetition.  Welcome to the rest of your life though kid.  We're planning a FHE geared towards having a happy heart even when learning isn't a blast. 


I'll spare you all the cliche but very real conflicting emotions I'm having about sending my Indie off to Kindergarten. I'm glad I can see the school from our house though, and Damon's already teased me about the real possibility that I'll walk by the fence line when recess is in session. 



Indies first day of Preschool




Indie's first day of 'second' Preschool




Picture Day for both Preschools






Graduation!




All the happy-sad for our little Indie growing up...Into a bigger littler Indie. When Indie 'walked' to get her certificate her teacher said these kind words about her...

'Indie joined our class just a few months ago and she has been such a bright spot in our class. Indie is just a naturally compassionate person. And she's really responsible. She listens to what you tell her to do and helps everyone to make the same choice.  I am proud of you Indie, you're a great leader.'

Comments

Popular Posts