Attempting a skirt

         I've become a little overzealous about making things.  I love that it gives me something to do and gives Indie some (hopefully) cute things to wear, or use, or new things for her to ignore. As I have still not found something to top the love and engrossment she has with Lindor truffle wrappers.  For real. She LOVES those guys.
          The problem with me and finding new projects is I am ridiculously bad at spreading them out.  I get a new idea, or thing to work on and everything else falls to the wayside as I obsessively work on it. Then all the sudden its done and I'm sad and have nothing to do but catch up on showering, sleep, cleaning and cooking for weeks.   I just can't spread it out like a normal person though.  Boo.
         Anyways here's the new obsession. Skirts from scrap/ left over fabric.  Good thing Indie's so little.  I looked at these two tutorials from pinterest (ta & da) to make these guy. I would have had it done within two hours if it weren't for the fact that I needed to wait for my elastic.  So of course, while I waited for the elastic to come, I made more and more skirts. They are so so easy and I think adorable.



This is more for my reference point but here's how I did measurements:
 take waist measurement and -1 inch
width of skirt = 2x waist
length-wateves with 2.5 extra inches




 Easy-peasy pink polka dot







Playing Peeka-boo




 Elephant skirt




I know you can't see her skirt in this one really, BUT she's so sweet!











 Rag patch skirt



This one's for when she's older...Aka I accidentally made it too big. Haha



Tinkerbell Skirt















 Sometimes getting your bottle is hard work!















The end...for now.

Comments

Popular Posts