Sensory Play- noodles and gel

          Fail.  This was a little bit of a fail.  Guess she's still to young.  I'm getting a little tired of the limited play we can do so I thought I'd try some food coloring sensory play.  I'm getting antsy! Guess we'll have to try again later when she's older.  Boo.  I'm determined to find something she likes that will switch things up from our daily play.

           First thing I tried was some colored noodles. Figured it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if she munched on them while playing.


I cooked the noodles then put them in the bags with water and food coloring and squished out the air.


At first she was all about rushing it to her mouth. We did it right after her 'dinner' so hopefully she wouldn't think it was her meal. haha. Didn't stop her she grabbed one and chomped on down...then realized she didn't like it at all.


I don't think she really understood that they were for play




 She just kept picking it up semi moving it to her mouth then stopping and sighing haha. 




Squishy water bag!

         This one went a bit better.  She liked squishing the bag with her hands and poking it while she ate her puffs.



I just found the cheapest clear hair gel I could find and mixed blue food coloring into it.  We would have played with it a LOT longer but the hair gel smelled SO strongly. It was overwhelming.  I ended up just tossing the thing after a few mins because it was too overpowering. Boo again.


Maybe We'll try smelling the gels next time, or double bagging it.  

Comments

Popular Posts