A Toy Story

         Indie has been in a major Toy Story phase.  I remember as a teeny, I really wanted a real buzz and woody and it never happened. So, when Indie was in the thick of the love of Toy Story phase, I really wanted to be able to get her the toys.  We could have waited until her birthday in August but I wanted to catch her in the thick of the obsession. To optimize magic.  It took a bit of convincing, but Damon agreed and we ordered the toys.  Huzzah. 


           Knowing we were going to get the toys in a week or so, I sat down with Indie and wrote a letter to Micky Mouse.  I found something on Pinterest that claimed if we sent a letter, Micky would write back. LIES. Unless it's got like a month plus turn over time. I've been waiting for the letter to come to write this post. I finally gave up.  Indie told Mickey all of her favorite foods and what she loves about Toy Story. It was pretty precious. At this point if we do get a letter back, I doubt she will even remember sending the letter. 




        I was so excited to open this box.  Damon wanted to be home when Indie discovered her spoils. So, I hid them. 


Then when Damon came home from work, he took Indie to get the mail and I laid them out on the couch.  


             Indie came in and ran right to them. She gasped and then was very silent as she touched each of them and whispered their names.  She then started jumping up and down and asked if we could open them.  It was so very precious.  She was extremely spoiled, we know. But you're only little once, and I really loved being able to make her favorite show come alive.




 Watching Toy Story with the gang.


She slept with all of them for a while, claiming that there was room for everyone. We've since convinced her to tone it down to just one or two. She wasn't sleeping very well because of how crowded her bed was. 



 Buzz is her favorite.  I'll be honest. She didn't adore them as much as I would have hoped. But it was so fun to surprise her and to see her eyes light up. Worth it. Childhood has a magic that I want to encourage as much as I can.


Comments

Popular Posts