A Portus Day

July 20th I turned 25! Huzzah.  Damon got me a Canon Rebel T6 entry level DSLR package. It came with all sorts of bells and whistles that are a little overwhelming at the moment.  I am so in love though!  I love taking pictures of my little family. 

Lauren and Felipe stayed with us for a day and couple of nights on their way through to Oregon to visit my Dad. I got to take obscene amounts of pictures and play around with settings on my new camera.  


We took them to McKee's petting Zoo early in the morning (it was a record breaking hot day! So we are glad we went so early!)

Indie's favorite part at the petting zoo is almost always their little play ground. 

My camera can connect through an app on my phone so I can share any pictures and edit them on my phone if I so desire. And I do so desire. I want to take a camera class or some sort of photo editing class. I'll have to look around to see whats out there.  I love this little outfit on Indie bug. She looks like a little Sound of Music child or Heidi. 



They had so much fun chasing the baby goats. It makes me really want a big piece of land where I can have children and animals just running a muck and having a ball. It feels so fulfilling to be outside, surrounded by animals and lots of land.  But then I remember I also like shopping and lots of city activity.  Who knows what my heart really desires.  It probably depends on what we are doing at the moment.  Indecision for the win!  I know Damon prefers the country...until he remembers what internet speeds are like out in the booneys.  

These two fight a lot and love just as much. They are so sweet together. I'm still so sad we moved them so far away from each other.  (as are they)



I love his little face. Pure joy.  I doubt the goat is sharing the joy however. 






Felipe Goat, with his people.  They really loved him so much. 










Here are just a few more photo's I took while trying to get a handle on my camera settings. 








I'm so excited to learn and use my new camera. If you thought I overshared before...Buckle up people!!  I've been enabled in the best way possible. Take all the pictures!  Also, I'm sad we only got to see the Portus family for such a short time. After they left, Indie would come up to me periodically throughout the day and tell me how sad she was that they left. 

Comments

Popular Posts