Scrappies



I have many many scrappies from other crafts.  Indie loves tags. Sometimes more than the actual toy.  So, I figured tag blanket! Wahhhlaaa...I'd make a tag blanket during nap time and she'd love it and I'd put off cleaning. Win Win Win. 



I cut out squares aiming for about 4x4 with 1/8'' seam allowance.  I really like skipping measuring things meticulously so who knows what they really measured. Sewed em all together.  Then cut ribbons about 4'' long.



Pinned the ribbons where I wanted 



I placed right sides together (the patch work front you saw and then a minky back fabric)  Since I was using scrappies I had to sew two weird cut pieces together. And in case you are wondering...yes that is an empty baby wipe container. It crinkles. Indie loves them. So that went in the middle.


Sewed everything together backwards then turned it inside out and sewed my open closed.  I went over the ribbons one more time.






DONE. Easy peasy!
















Indie actually doesn't like it haha. She'll play with it for a bit then want a different toy. Silly girl.  Well, at least I had fun making it!



            Then, this one didn't turn out as epic as I was hoping. I really suck a little bit a sewing still. BUT Indie's room needed blackout curtains and we couldn't find any well priced curtains for the weird window dimension.  So I just bought the fabrics and stumbled through a home tutorial.  Eh they don't look amazing but it does the job. Tell you what, next time I'll be able to do it perfect! NO problem. haha.  These ones just struggle. 





Damon was hanging everything. That handsome man :)

Comments

Popular Posts