Guess we have to get a tree now!

First married Christmas!   Had you asked us two week ago if we were going to get a Christmas tree we would have said no. Why, You may ask?
1. Well, we'll be in Idaho for a week and a half anyways
2. Our apartment has no room (short of re arranging and cramming to accommodate for an over priced pine tree)
3. Which brings us to our last point. Didn't want to spend the money
That was until I found these.







Hobby Lobby is a dangerous place to go. especially if you are trying to avoid the Christmas spirit in the form of decorating. Hobby Lobby and Pinterest combined however are quite lethal.  I LOVE making things.  Too bad I am FAR from being a perfectionist. Usually I have a great time doing my project, throw it together, and when it comes out falling short of what I had imagined in my mind I'm always shocked. Maybe one day I'll learn. Either to slow down, or lower my expectations. Haha. 





The Santa Belly 


Rolled up some construction paper and stuffed em in. This took quite a bit longer then I thought it would. Turns out you need a lot of paper to fill up these little guys.

I made some 'bellies' full of fat strips, and some with tiny skinny strips. We liked the tiny strips a lot better. Go figure, since it took so long to roll them.

Painted Santa a really crooked black belt. (this is where being a perfectionist would have come in handy)
Gave the little guy a belt buckle and he was done. First Tree decoration!...Not as amazing as I had pictured but it was fun.  You can see little vs. big papers.


Melted Snowman



We could have used clear sand or some shinny flakes, but sugar is cheaper & we already had it.
Got some air dry white clay and made some carrot noses & coal button's 'n' eyes.  


Again, I didn't really have the patience to let the paint dry before plopping the eyes and buttons in. The sugar stuck a little. Not that big of a deal though.  
Now that I made theses, we are really excited to get a Christmas tree. Even if it is just for a little while. Who cares if we rearrange the house to make it fit?!  As for money, yes it is still overpriced, but we can always find a way to make that work. Merry Tree getting! 

Comments

Popular Posts