Stockings!

Christmas spirit is in full swing now that Thanksgiving is over.  Damon and I went to DI and found some nice winter sweaters and turned them into Christmas Stockings!




I turned them inside out and drew an outline of one of my mom's stockings.
Maybe I accidentally forgot to turn Damon's inside out before I traced it. O well, we made it work!

 

Took me a while to decide what shape I wanted my stocking, so it's lines are a little crazy pants. Then I pinned down the outline and cut around the pins. I didn't want to cut right on the line in case it frayed! 





Turned them right side in. Then sewed on little hook catcher things so they would hang.



Not too shabby, Damon was really excited with how big his was.  All and all an easy sew project!
We had thought about jazzing it up with hanging pom poms or maybe some buttons but in the end we liked them just as they were. 
Now we just need a fireplace...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts